I was wondering when it would happen to me and I see my Friend Lace-lovin' Librarian, Diane finally did it. I've been tagged.
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share 6 unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag 4 people at the end of your entry.
Six unimportant things about me...
1. I don't know how to cook. My husband is a wonderful cook and he feeds me. Yep that's right everyone feel free to be jealous of me :-)
2. I am originally from ND but have lived in NY almost as long as I did ND.
3. I may be more addicted to the "add ons" of my crafts then the craft itself. For instance I have numerous different rulers for my quilting and haven't used half of them. Also I have every color of tole paint known to the craft store. And those are only a couple of the crafts I'd done. 8 months into my tatting I can already see it happening with this craft too. :-)
4. I don't hate going to the gym, shhhh don't tell my husband! I do however greatly resent the time it takes out of my week.
5. It takes me hours to write up a couple paragraph blog post because I reread and scrutinize them to death, does that sound stupid? This also applies to comments I want to leave on other people's blogs. Most of the time I don't comment at all, because what I want to say has been said by others. I try to write my comment before I read what others have said, but I usually delete it and just write something like "beautiful" or I write nothing at all. Sad, really really SAD.
6. I have to read to fall asleep. I have so much racing thru my mind that I have to read until I am exhausted and my eyes can not focus on the words, then I can finally fall asleep. If I wake up during the night and have one conscious thought my mind starts racing again and I have to start the reading process over in order to fall back to sleep.
And a bonus #7 unimportant thing about me...... It took me almost 2 hours to write up this post because I reread it to death. LOL
I doubt I can find 4 people to tag who haven't already done this at least once before.
So how about my sister Meek, The Jerks and Me
And the three newest additions to our "The Tatted Ring of Bloggers"
Joy In Tatting
Steph's (tat) Stuff
Teresa's Crafting Stuff
If you've done this a dozen and one times before please don't feel you HAVE to do it again, Nothing bad will happen to you if you don't :-)
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
"Triangle Motif Doily"
After weeks of working on this (just because there hasn't been any time) I finally have it finished. It is from a Workbasket magazine that my neighbor shared with me, from the June '74 issue to be exact. She had quite a few that she let me look thru; I did get some really cool patterns. To bad there isn't a magazine like that any more. (There is no author listed to give credit to.)
This is done using Marilee, Yarnplayer's size 30 HTD, called "Blue Green Pastel". Because I had so many issues with it, I used a whole skein of thread. There is no way it should have taken that much thread! It is 4 1/2" across.
It truly was a painful process to create, but only because my mind has been on so many personal issues that I kept making mistakes. It really was such a super easy fun pattern to do. In fact yesterday my husband and I had to go on a road trip, so I took size 80 thread along and started it again. Wait until you guys see it in size 80, it is going to be georgous!!!
Off to get ready for work.