Sunday, March 8, 2009

#25 of 25 Motif Challenge

I am happy to report that with tatting shown in this post I will have completed the 25 Motif Challenge.

It is the Spinning Wheel Glass Mat from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior, available from Handy Hands. My tatting friend Diane, Lace-lovin' Librarian got me hooked on this pattern. It was made using size 20 HDT, dyed by Sherry, aka LadyShuttleMaker and named Royalty. I started it months ago, but didn't get it completed until this week. I decided that I must get some of my UFOs done to free up some shuttles.

Here is my version of the Spinning Wheel Glass Mat.

Can you see the mistake? YUGH. That'll teach me to tat and watch hockey at the same time. I couldn't find a background paper (or maybe it's just my scanner) that shows the beauty of this thread, but it really is a pretty HDT. I'm upset at the error so I can't gift this one, which means that I have to keep it for myself and make more :-)

Our daughter, Holly injured her knee Feb 1st, so I've been helping her when she needs me and when I can. She lives in about 1.5 hrs away in a "big city", where the rush hour traffic scares me, so I've been going up the night before her appointments, which has extended the time we've spent together. The reason I bring this up is because I haven't completed the Pay It Forward fabric postcard I blogged about here. But I will I promise.

Oh and since I haven't blogged in forever, I should tell you that I won't be attending the Hector Tatting Days. I was trying to convince myself to do, but was asked to work that weekend so will do that instead and not stress over do I go or don't I. ......... I know I know, but trust me no one is more disappointed in me then I am about this. I love the art of tatting, but can't make myself go, so working is enough of an excuse for me to say I'm not going. Sad really, since it's so close. There's always next year :-)

Happy Tatting.

12 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Congrats on completing the Challenge. That is something to be very proud of....and no, I can't see any mistake.

Too bad about Hector; something magical happens when you get a bunch of tatters together.

Unknown said...

Woo HOO! Congratulations! You finished the 25 Motif Challenge! :)
Maybe you can go to Hector next year. Happy Tatting!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your Spinning Wheel is beautiful! I can't see the mistake, but I know how you feel. I have some of that thread, too. It's beautiful!

Congratulations on completing the challenge!

Krystle said...

I just finished one of those.....

And I can't find a major mistake in yours. It still looks giftable to me!

Gina said...

Congratulations!!!! You've done some beautiful work and I can't find your mistake either. If you like it, you should keep it anyway as a momento of your 25 motifs completed!

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous to me! I can't see any mistakes!

I hope your daughter has a soeedy recovery :)

Anonymous said...

What is the mistake? I'm very new to tatting and reading and studying everything I can find on the internet. I have a four videos that have also helped me immensely. Your website is great! Thank you for putting this information out there for people to learn. Given that, I would love to know what you call a large error in the spinning wheel. Thank you in advance for your help. ~~~ Marge ~~~

Stephanie said...

Spinning Wheel is a fun pattern to tat, but I don't think I could do as many of them as Diane has done. Mistake, what mistake? I don't see it. That HDT you used is really pretty. Once I get some extra cash, I think I'll have to get some if Sherry still has any.

laura_rose said...

Hi Bonnie...I love that design! The Konior book is definately on my "must have" list! Congratulations on completing 25 motifs!
Thanks for visiting my blog, and when you get started on your ATC's I would love to swap with you :)
Be warned though...ATCs are addictive!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Hey Bonnie,
You won today's drawing...Whoo hoo!

Unknown said...

Hi Bonnie! I just came back over to invite you to my party!

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

Trayna said...

Bonnie

Please contact me with your snail mail address so I send the stuff off to you.

Thanks

Trayna