Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Oh No You Didn't"

... Oh yes I did........
There are 2 things I would like you to see here. Both are marked with a X. First the top X shows where I missed a join and the bottom X which shows where I cut the thread to finish it off, before I realized that I'd missed a whole section of tatting.


For some reason my friend, Peg - the one I am helping learn to tat - thought that it was really funny that I missed a join and had ALREADY cut the thread. She said something like it was good to see that I make mistakes too.


I was lucky enough to win this Patriotic HDT from Anika. (you can find her etsy shop here) And since I'd just made this pattern, Julie's Hearts and Flower Cross, for a friend I wanted to make it again for myself and this new HDT was itching to be used.


So in the end was there a lesson to be learned from this experience? Sure was, if - rather WHEN - I make a mistake again don't show Peg. LOL.


Tat On,


Bonnie

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one to make mistakes like that! I'm so glad you were able to finish your beautiful cross.

Michelle said...

I've made that cross about 10 times and I bet I made that mistake 3 or 4 times in those ten. There's something about that end ring that I forget. I even left them out for the whole cross because I missed the first one. It was okay but not as nice as the whole thing.

God's Kid said...

Your cross looks really nice! :)