Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Playing With Picots & Bouton

Season's Greetings!

I haven't been tatting as much as I'd like to, but that's what happens when life gets busy, which is a good thing in it's own right.


I made a bookmark for my Christmas exchange person at work and as usual I forgot to take a picture, so had to take it out of the gift bag to take a picture with my cellphone. Needless to say it's not the best picture.




It is the Slalom Bookmark and is from Martha Ess' book Playing with Picots. I made some picot gages out of plastic, which worked great at keeping the picots uniform size, but really are a pain to keep track off in their current state. And since I'm sure to do more projects from this book I've got to come up with a better way to cart them around than just in a paper envelope.


Also I wanted to share with you about a cute little bear give away. His name is Bouton.


I have visited Ginger's bearbits blog before. She's a very talented artist. Even the picture at the top of her blog, the one with the 3 bears looking out the windshield, gives me a smile.

Have a good day!

Bonnie

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the bookmark . . one day I'm going to get a copy of that book.

God's Kid said...

Great bookmark! :)

Valerie said...

pretty bookmark! i can hardly handle picots, tend to get smaller or bigger as the tatting went along. your method of using a piece of plastic is good.