Monday, January 16, 2012

#1 of the UIU Project

This is the first post of the 2012 UIU project. (UIU - use it up)

Okay so there isn't anything like waiting to the last minute on my FIRST UIU project.

It is a pattern from Kersti and is her Floral bookmark which can be found here. The thread Lizbeth from Handy Hands. The first and third ones are done using Tropical Punch size 40 and the middle one is Sea Island Citrus again in size 40.



I've done this pattern before, but I wasn't pleased with the result. I am a member of In Tatters and someone there was talking about how the pattern is actually written from the bottom up. I thought that may help me, which for the most part it did, except the first section, I just couldn't figure it out, so I kind of gerry rigged it at the bottom here, which you can see.



It did work out okay because it reinforced the beginning where I added the tails to the bookmarks. Anyone who's able to figure out the beginning please let me know what I've done wrong.

Until the next time.


Bonnie

5 comments:

God's Kid said...

Those are gorgeous!!! Lovely, bright springtime bookmarks! :)

geraldine said...

if you look at the two bottom's ring they both face the same way when you tat it , i've just work the bottom and think you have not turned the work after the ring you must have been using two shuttles and just changed shuttles by mistake.hope this helps.

Singtatter said...

Lovely! This is still 1of my favourite patterns for a bookmark.

Typstatting said...

Love the bookmarks and the colours are really vibrant!

esoraleak; Kaela said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I'd like to make one.