Sunday, January 27, 2008

#2 for 25 Motif Challenge - Flower Paperclips

My friend, Marty, asked me how long I'd been tatting, I told her since Sept. But once I started to think about it, I realized that was when I was placed on my teacher's waiting list for class. I checked my calendar and found my first lesson was on November 1, 2007.

That being said, this is Mary Smith's Flower Paperclip pattern that I found on the Internet shortly after I began tatting. I've given at least one to everyone who has shown an interest in my work. Of course I didn't take a picture of a single one before I gave them away, so yesterday when I realized I have no pictures to post this week, I "quickly" made up these two.


In the nature of using my HDT-s the one on the left is Sherry's size 20 "Spring Poppies" and the one on the right is Marilee's size 30 "Roses". (Now do you see why I am addicted to their HDT-s!!) I wanted you to see the original pattern which is the "Spring Poppies". However, in the "Roses" clip, I added the seed beads. I also altered the pattern to include an extra ring at the end which I then wove the other rings around. I'm sorry the extra ring doesn't show up very well in this picture but it does give it a little something extra in the middle.

I am going to count these as #2 of the 25 Motif Challenge.

Happy Tatting,


Bonnie

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a wonderful way to share your love of tatting!

Marilee Rockley said...

These are so cute, colorful and cheerful! I bet they will get lots of people interested in tatting.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

These are awesome! And they look so pretty together.
I think Marilee is right!

Marie Smith said...

Hi Bonnie. Just saw your blog.
So glad you liked my Flower Paperclip Pattern. Keep sharing! _ Marie Smith