Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Almost Missed International Tatting Day

Although I didn't know about it until late in the day, yesterday was International Tatting Day.

I looked it up at Holiday Insights and this is what I found out.

I-T-D it is always on April 1st and it has been celebrated internationally for over 4 years now. I have no way of knowing how old that post is to know how long ago it was considered "over 4 years".

I also found out something very important about I-T-D ...............
"On this day, "tatters" around the world have different activities, mostly educational, to celebrate their hobby, and introduce it to others. Often, they celebrate by eating chocolates and making tatted lace."

Did you hear that, EATING CHOCOLATES!! (I knew there had to be a reason why I was so drawn to tatting to begin with!) Sadly because I wasn't aware of this special day, I wasn't prepared to celebrate by the traditional means of eating chocolates :-( Truth be told, I'm quite glad about that part, because that's less time I have to be at the dreaded gym to work it off!

However I did work on making some tatted lace.............




*suspense building silence*




using my new LadyShuttleMaker shuttle!!!



Happy Tatting,

Bonnie

5 comments:

Marilee Rockley said...

Very pretty shuttle!
Hope the chocolate stayed away from the thread!

Anita said...

Sorry about the chocolate! Beautiful tatting though!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Lucky you! That shuttle was going to be my second purchase of the 2008 series. I'm so glad to see it has a home with you! Can't wait to see what you're making!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Whoo hoo! I know.....chocolate.... (that is usually where my brain gets stuck)
Enjoy the shuttle friend!

Unknown said...

Happy belated International Tatting Day to you, too. I like how your tatting coordinates with the shuttle...cute! Nice shuttle I have been wanting to purchase one of Sherry's shuttles for some time now.