Friday, January 1, 2010

'08 & '09 Christmas Memories

Do you remember last Christmas when I told you about my friend, Gary, and how I tatted him Jane's Hippopotamus, then used it to make him a special fabric Christmas card? (Jane has the pattern under animals, but I wonder if it should go under celebration patterns also LOL!) Gary and I had alot of fun with it and it became one of my favorite memories from Christmas '08. .............. However now the joke is on me because people get me hippo stuff whenever they see it, hippo plate, a hippo chip clip ........ well you get the idea, it goes on and on.

Now where is this story going you ask...........

For Christmas '09 one of my favorite memories is what my friend Rose and her husband Jim gifted to me. It's a ...... wait for it .......... auh you guessed it, it's an I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas ornament.

I've got to tell you that there is a button on Santa's gift bag and when EVERYONE presses it it plays I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas.

It'll stay out with my mini collection to be enjoyed all year round. (Does anyone know how long the battery in an ornament last ....... *sigh*)

Bonnie

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

If you like it, the battery doesn't last very long. If you don't like it, the battery lasts F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Glad you had a happy hippo Christmas!

Stephanie said...

Hahaha! Too cute. I like your friend's sense of humor.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

LOL!! Very Cute!! Happy New Year!

Jane Eborall said...

My humblest of apologies for causing your hippo invasion!!!!! Wonder what you'll make of the new TIAS starting next week. I'm giggling just thinking about it!!!!

Unknown said...

That is ab-so-FREAKIN'-lutely adorable! Glad you are having so much fun with the hippo thing for Christmas!

Happy New Year! It's so wonderful to "see" you again! :)

Tatskool said...

That ornament is a gas! I like Diane's comment!