Sunday, July 27, 2008

#12 of 25 Motif Challenge

For my mother's birthday......

It is Julie Patterson's Hearts and Flower Cross Bookmark pattern.

I used Marilee, Yarnplayer 's, size 30 "Roses" HTD (hand dyed thread).

I'm undecided about putting a tassel on it. I think it would look nice, but there isn't a good place to join one to.

HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY, Mommasetta! From my heart to yours, I love you!!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Help Needed

Good Morning Everyone.

I'm looking for some help from all of you in tat-land. I hope I can describe my question correctly.

I am working on a pattern here is the start of it:

R 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 cl ( 7 tiny joining picots)
CH 4 - 8 - 4 + (join to nearest picot from centre ring closure)

Now my question. There is nothing about reverse work so I figured I had to join in to the most recent picot, so the tops of my ds - s will remain on the outside of my work. Here's the part that's giving me problems .......... which tread does it want me to use to join? It can't be the working thread because then it makes a little ...... I guess I'd call it divit in the flow of the work, although using the core thread doesn't seem right either. Which is it? I must be making this harder than it is, right??

The last time I had this come up during a project I used the core thread and it didn't seem right, this time I used the working thread. I guess this seems like the better way to do it, although it still seems off to me. Unless truly the tops of the ds are suppose to face towards the work already completed ...... I just see no other way around this ......

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,


Tuesday, July 22, 2008

#11 of 25 Motif Challenge

First off I believe I owe YOU a huge
"I'm "
I haven't blogged in over a month. I haven't done anything exciting, tatting wise, although I had some fun making fabric postcard. I have been very busy but sadly not with new tatting. I did finished some tatting UFOs, and have recreated some previous works, but nothing worth blogging about.
Here is the only exciting tatting I've done in weeks.

It is the Heart Frame from Tatting Hearts by Teri Dusenbury. I did find one error in the pattern and had to start the piece over, I didn't have enough of the original thread to cut out and redo, so I had to start the piece from the beginning, using a different thread. It is a repetitive pattern, so by the time I restarted it I had the pattern pretty much down pat. I made it using a dark red HDT, size 30, hand dyed by Yarnplayer (Marilee), "A solid from the "Roses" colorway."

Our daughter asked me to make her the Heart Catcher from the same book. I'm not sure how to do the "stacked butterfly" so I'm working on that first, wish me luck. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Speaking of wish me luck........... Lace Lovin' Librarian - Diane and I are doing the T.A.T. Program, apprentice level, together. We both decided there is no pressure to hurry thru it, but doing it with a friend we should be able to keep each other motivated thru out the process. We have finished the first piece and are working on descriptions to go with it. We have a goal of working on the second project by the end of August, maybe even have it finished. See what I mean, no hurry :-), there are to many other fun things we want to do also.

Hopefully it doesn't take a month for you to see my work again :-)

Happy Tatting,