Saturday, June 14, 2008

#10 of 25 Motif Challenge

JAB is finally Done!
"Triangle Motif Doily"

After weeks of working on this (just because there hasn't been any time) I finally have it finished. It is from a Workbasket magazine that my neighbor shared with me, from the June '74 issue to be exact. She had quite a few that she let me look thru; I did get some really cool patterns. To bad there isn't a magazine like that any more. (There is no author listed to give credit to.)

This is done using Marilee, Yarnplayer's size 30 HTD, called "Blue Green Pastel". Because I had so many issues with it, I used a whole skein of thread. There is no way it should have taken that much thread! It is 4 1/2" across.

It truly was a painful process to create, but only because my mind has been on so many personal issues that I kept making mistakes. It really was such a super easy fun pattern to do. In fact yesterday my husband and I had to go on a road trip, so I took size 80 thread along and started it again. Wait until you guys see it in size 80, it is going to be georgous!!!

Off to get ready for work.

Happy Tatting,

Bonnie

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it! You did an excellent job. Triangles! I'm going to see if I can find that issue on eBay right now. The colors in that HDT are beautiful. Marilee always creates beautiful threads.

Anita said...

That turned out beautifully!! Are you still going to send it to GUFrancis? I love the colors in this thread too. Is 80 larger thread?

Only because I saw you several times through the process of making this can I see how it was made with the starting flower and then traigles added.

Impressive!

Unknown said...

Bonnie, this is SOOOOO beautiful! I love the color! Marilee's HDT is so gorgeous! The pattern is absolutely exquisite! What a treasure.

Singtatter said...

The colours and the pattern turn out very nicely. Refreshing ! Can't wait to see the size 80!