Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another Motif Revisited

I revisited #12 of my 25 Motif Challenge, so this doesn't count, but I'll show it to you anyway.

My Dear Friend, Nicole, is having a surgery done on Friday, which will put her out of commission for a few weeks. I loaded her up with books by one of my favorite authors, Judy Picoult. I haven't read all of her books yet, but the ones I have I've really enjoyed, especially My Sister's Keeper, which was the first one I read, and I would recommend to everyone. Anyway, I wanted to make Nicole a bookmark, but didn't have much time. Between work, the gym and all of my other commitments my time was limited, so I decided to revisit Julie Patterson's Hearts and Flower Cross Bookmark pattern.



I did put a tassel on this one. It is made using Marilee aka Yarnplayer's size 30 Lavender, from her "Lola" batch.

I so wanted to get this completed tonight but in doing so I am now almost 2 hours past my bedtime, I'll pay for this at work tomorrow and struggle to make myself go to the gym tomorrow evening (a promise to myself). Why oh why does work (and the stupid gym) have to interfere with the fun parts of my life LOL.

Happy Tatting,

Bonnie

7 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Oooooh, I adore Jodi Picoult too. She did a book reading in my town in the UK earlier this year and I went, met her (briefly) and got her siggy on two of my books. She's SUCH a lovely lady.
Oh, the tatting is pretty too!!!! Love lavender too.
JaneEb

Tatskool said...

I love reading Jodi too, just reading
Mercy, only 2 left I haven't read. The bookmark is beautiful, the colour suits it so well.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I haven't read any of Jodi's books... I'll have to check one out! The bookmark is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your bookmark turned out lovely. I love the color!

zarina said...

The book is real great - but that is only base on two books. Add studies to that list. Promised myself no tatting until I'm sure I can tat all day long (worried the tension is all awry).

Marilee Rockley said...

Your bookmark is lovely! Hope it brings cheer to your friend.

I'm giving you an award! Check out the details on my blog.

Toptattyhead said...

Bonnie, for someone who hasn't been tatting very long, this bookmark is beautiful. Well done!