Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rosette Motif & Doily

When we were in Texas earlier this year I blogged about Jon's Rosette Motif & Doily. I showed it to my friend, Mark (different Mark then my husband) who was able to turn it into this awesome paperweight. I asked him to be sure it was made right side up when he made it, which he did.


The paperweight was made in layers so that the motif is suspended in the layers of hard plastic. He did an excellent job, Thank- you Mark.

This is a Christmas gift it to my friend, Rose. She will recognize the thread as Yarnplayer's HDT "Roses" because I have gifted something to her in the past using this awesome HDT.

I forgot to mention that I stuck a piece of white felt on the bottom of it so it's not abrasive to a desktop or any other surface.

Super neat, I think she's going to like it.

Happy Sunday, Everyone.

Bonnie

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is beautiful! What a thoughtful gift, too.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Bonnie, that looks wonderful! I'm sure that's a gift that will be cherished for years to come!

Krystle said...

Very nice! Is it resin that was used?

Unknown said...

That is the coolest paperweight EVER! WAY WAYYYYY COOL!

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow! It's beautiful, and what a great idea!